There's no replacement for human intelligence
Database searches alone and D&B reports are comparatively useless in preventing small business fraud
- A simple court search by a lawyer won’t suffice since most fraudsters are first time offenders
- Reference checks won’t help since most fraudsters have no prior employment issues. Besides, most former employees won't provide any more than dates of employment.
- A D&B on a business won’t focus on the relevant issues when hiring an employee, vendor, supplier, or taking on a new customer since it focuses on the business not the person.
- People search engines provide no analysis. They offer unfiltered often inaccurate data designed for family/friend/classmate searches.
- Only human analysis can connect the dots to see if a potential or existing employee, vendor, supplier, or customer is actually a fraud risk.